Using the ConsignPro "Amount Due" screen, in conjunction with their "X-Charge" software, you can quickly and easily process credit card transactions right from ConsignPro.
With this setup, you will no longer need your credit card terminal or credit card receipt printer. Instead, you swipe the customer credit card using a special card reader attached to your computer and the credit card receipt prints on your Star receipt printer – it’s that easy!
How it works:
- When you are completing a sale in ConsignPro, select a credit card from the payment types drop-down list.
- When the X-Charge screen appears, swipe the customer card through your card reader.
- Confirm the information presented on the screen and click the "Process" button.
- ConsignPro completes the charge using your high-speed Internet connection in about 2-3 seconds.
- If approved, a credit card receipt for the customer to sign prints after the usual customer sales receipt.
How to get started:
- Contact the X-Charge Sales Team at (888) 413-9545 or sign up online.
- Review, complete, and sign the X-Charge merchant agreement.
- Call X-Charge Support to complete the setup at (800) 338-6614.
Frequently asked Questions
Q: Do I need the Internet to use this service?
A: Yes, a high-speed Internet connection is required to use this feature.
Q: How much are the merchant processing rates?
A: Please contact X-Charge Sales directly to discuss their rates and fees. They can be reached at (888) 413-9545. Their rates and fees are competitive with all other merchant processing companies and they offer great service too.
Q: How long does it take for the money to reach my account?
A: Credit card money will generally appear in your business checking account at your local bank on the next business day.
Q: Can I process credit cards in ConsignPro with my current merchant processing company?
A: Unfortunately not. ConsignPro was programmed to talk only to the X-Charge software and the computers at Accelerated Payment Technologies. If you want to process credit cards directly from ConsignPro you must use X-Charge and Accelerated Payment Solutions.
Q: Is it required that I process credit cards from ConsignPro?
A: You can process credit cards using any merchant processing company that you are comfortable with – using their equipment, not connected to your computer or ConsignPro. However, our rates are equipment are competitively priced and many store owners like the integration we've built into the software as it makes reconciliation easier and charges more accurate.
Q: Is the service available for Canadian customers?
Q: Will X-Charge software be shipped to me with a user guide?
A: Yes, after the approval is complete, you will receive a welcome package from Accelerated with X-Charge and complete documentation.
Q: How long does the application approval process take?
A: Normally around five business days.
Q: I'm running two computers, can I process credit cards from both?
A: Yes, as long as both computers can access the Internet. X-Charge Support can help you configure this with ease.
Q: What credit cards can I process using X-Charge?
A: X-Charge support all major credit cards including MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express.